Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What if you changed the thermostat and truck still dont blow hot air?

It blows hot and then cold and then hot again. its off and on.I replaced the thermostat twice now and it still does it.Its in a 1994 Mazda B4000 with a 4.0 motor.
What if you changed the thermostat and truck still dont blow hot air?
I would rightly assume the thermostat was not the problem with the heater, and keep looking until I did find the problem, and fix it. I wouldn't just keep throwing parts at it hoping I'd hit the right thing though, and if I didn't know enough to find the problem I'd enlist the aid of my mechanic.
What if you changed the thermostat and truck still dont blow hot air?
i am sorry to say this but you most likely need a new heater core good luck
You're lucky you have a 94 Ranger/B-truck. Swapping a heater core is a 30 minute job on the PRE-95 models. It's an eight hour job for later years.



My 94 Ranger was super simple...other than arguing with my stepdad about whether or not it had a heater control valve (not on a 94, which I knew) inline, which was really the temp sender for the gauge cluster.



I digress, but a 15-year old heater core needs to be changed--undo some push screws, pull off a panel, slide out heater core (you drained some coolant beforehand, of course), slide new core back in...and I need to hunt down another 93/94 Ranger to take miles off my F150.
  • advice to tell
  • networking
  •