Thursday, October 6, 2011

My car is over heating and I have changed the thermostat, radiator, (which had a crack), checked the belts etc?

It's a 2001 Mazda 626 4cyl. When I test drive the car it over heats after about 3-5 min of driving, but if I come to a light the car begins to cool down again which is very weird. The water pump isn't leaking anything.
My car is over heating and I have changed the thermostat, radiator, (which had a crack), checked the belts etc?
Coolant is 50%-50% Anti-Freeze %26amp; Clean Water? Radiator is Cycling and %26quot;Blowing air Back at the Engine%26quot; {Sounds like it could blowing air at the Radiator}? Water Pump might be Leaking but the Impeller in the pump could be Bad and not turning, Did you Replace the Radiator Cap? Everything might have been Replaced but the Cooling System may still need to be Flushed/Boiled Out (Cleaned). (Mileage, May need a Timing Belt?)
My car is over heating and I have changed the thermostat, radiator, (which had a crack), checked the belts etc?
The water pump may not be leaking but are you sure it's pumping.. Start with a cold engine. Open the radiator cap and fill to the top with coolant. Fill the reservoir also.

Start the car and observe the water level in the radiator. After it starts to warm up, and the thermostat opens, you should see the water flowing passed the opening of the radiator.

If you don't see water flowing, there is something wrong with the pump. Could have lost it's impeller.